TIPS & TOOLS
BUDGETING YOUR TIME
Based on an average group size of 100 people, when planning a 2-3-day program, below is an estimate of the hours ONE will spend putting your program together:
Can you spare OVER 3 WEEKS?
|Research & Site Selection||5 hours|
|Contract Negotiation, Review & Revisions||3 hours|
|Budget Design & Updating||8 hours|
|WEBSITE Design & UPDATING||15 hours|
|Registration/Data Entry/rETRIEVAL||8 hours|
|Agenda Design & Updating||5 hours|
|Menu Selection & BEO REVIEW||4 hours|
|Hotel Communications||5 hours|
|Ground Transfers/Tour Operator Communications||4 hours|
|Special Event, Decor/Entertainment Coordination||10 hours|
|Preparation of Group Resume||1 hours|
|Review of Arrival/Departure Manifests||4 hours|
|Final Accounting Reconciliation||10 hours|
|Phone Calls/Questions from Attendees||8 hours|
|On-Site Staffing (2 staff for 2 days, 7a-5p)||40 hours|
|130 hours @ 40 hours/week =||3.25 weeks|
A phone call here, An EMAIL there, days spent playing phone tag....
Working within your budgetary guidelines, Corporate Destination Services of Arizona manages your events leaving you to manage your business.
AIRPORT TRAVEL TIPS
- Sky Harbor recommends passengers arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to their flight for US travel and 3 hours prior for international travel
- Please check flight status with your airline before coming to the airport either to travel or pick up passengers
- Together with laptop computers, all full-size electronic items such as video game consoles (e.g. Playstation®, X-box®, Nintendo®), full-size DVD players, CPAP breathing machines and video cameras that use video cassettes must be removed from carrying cases and placed separately in bins for X-ray screening.
- All travelers must remove their shoes and place them on the X-ray belt when passing through the security checkpoints.
- Driver's License or Passports Preferred ID at Checkpoints
- Random searches of passengers and baggage are in effect at the checkpoints and boarding gates. Baggage may be tested for traces of explosives.
- The Transportation Security Administration is advising that all lighters are prohibited past security checkpoints and onboard aircraft. As always, all lighters are banned from checked luggage.
- Travelers may carry through the security checkpoints travel-sized toiletries (3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, quart-size, clear plastic, zip-top bag. Remember the 3 -1 -1 rule. This means you can bring containers that are 3.4 oz. in size or less, in one clear plastic quart-size bag, and one bag per passenger.
- Do not pack loose lithium batteries in luggage you plan to check. Electronic devices with lithium batteries installed may be placed in checked luggage. Loose lithium batteries may be placed in carry ons, but must be in plastic baggies.
- Film should be packed in carry-on baggage only as new security equipment may harm film in checked baggage.
- After clearing security, travelers can bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area onto an aircraft.
- Leave gifts unwrapped until you reach your destination.
- You must have a boarding pass before going through the checkpoint. Some airlines allow you to print a boarding pass from their web site.
- If you have a medical condition that requires you to use or carry a needle or syringe in your carry on baggage you must also have the medication with its pharmaceutical label. If you have a medical implant that is likely to set off the metal detector, it is helpful to bring evidence verifying your medical condition.
- Only one carry-on bag plus a personal item (such as a purse or briefcase) is allowed. Try to limit the amount of metal in your clothes and in your pockets.
- Control all bags. Never leave bags unattended or carry anything onboard an aircraft for a stranger. Report any unattended packages or baggage to airport personnel.
PHOENIX SKY HARBOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT